My lovely friend and fellow author, Clara Vulliamy, has written a cool blog post called 11 Questions, 11 Answers. The idea is to share 11 things about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked by the previous person, and in turn ask 11 more. You can read Clara's blog here:
I thought I'd have a go too, so here are my 11s.
2. I get very cold during the day, so often write wearing thermals, two jumpers, fingerless gloves, woolly hat and dressing gown.
3. I like to fiddle with a Tangle Toy while I write, it helps me to think
4. When I was small, I had a purple crochet blanket which started life as a dress made by my mum for a neighbour.
5. I still have it.
6. I used to practise my violin at 6am outside my brother's bedroom door
7. I hate walking in crowded streets
8. My favourite flowers are sweet peas
9. I am a tomboy and hardly ever wear skirts or dresses
10. Sweets make my teeth hurt, but chocolate doesn't
11. I sweep my kitchen floor every morning.
1.Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
Up a mountain in Nepal
2.What is your favourite colour?
3. What lovely thing you would like to overhear someone saying about you?
3. Classical music – do you like it, or are you just pretending?
Lots, but not all. I hate chamber music as I played loads of it as a child. I also hate really modern stuff that is full of weird rhythms and discords.
4. Cats or dogs?
5. What’s your perfect night in?
50 First Dates or Employee of the Month, Guillian chocolates, white wine and cuddles
6. Are you squeamish – and if so what about?
No. Yes. Bogies Ewww.
7. Cautious, or ‘what the heck, let’s go for it!’ ?
I'm not a big risk-taker. I like to plan ahead.
8. Camping or luxury hotels?
Self catering in unusual places is for me. Oh, and house-swapping cos its free and you get to see some really cool places.
9. ‘Real’ books, or on screen?
Both. Book first, then film.
10. Weep at happy endings?
11. Singing in public: a chance to show off, or horribly embarrassing?
A chance to show off AND horribly embarrassing for everyone watching!
1. If you could do ANY job, what would it be?
2. What's your favourite smell?
3. Chocolate or sweets?
4. Name three things you keep in your bag
5. What's your favourite book of all time?
6. Do you still know your best friend from primary school?
7. What is your favourite font?
8. What size notebook do you prefer, A5, A4 or A3?
9. If you had a pet alien, what would you call it?
10. What object do you hate the most?11. What is your perfect age?